Answered By: Heidi Webb Last Updated: Jun 22, 2016 Views: 25
If an item is being used by someone else, you have two options:
1 - You can request it from another library using our interlibrary loan service. Placing a request through interlibrary loan is often faster than the second option - recalling an item that is on loan. This is often the fastest option.
2 - You can recall an item that is on loan. To do this:
- Logon to your library account
- Do a Basic Search for the book
- Click Is it Here? under Availability
- Click Request under Request Hold
- Click Go on the bottom of the screen with your request information.
If an item is recalled, the due date for the item on loan will change to be 2-3 weeks from the request date. If you need or would like the item sooner, we encourage you to place an interlibrary loan request.