Answered By: Moon Library Last Updated: Jun 02, 2016 Views: 104
Borrowing a Bike for the library is easy.
The procedures below describe how to borrow a bike from the Bike Library as of September 15,2015.
1. In order to sign up for the Bike Library program, potential borrowers must complete a Bike Safety Program approved by the Cycling Connections club, sign a Waiver of Liability, and a User Agreement provided to them by Cycling Connections. Currently the bike program is limited to ESF students.
2. $20 start up fee has been waived for the 2015-2016 Academic year
3. When you present the forms, at the Moon Library circulation desk, we will:
a. Place a sticker on your ID.
b. Retain the forms for the Cycling Connection Club.
To check out the bikes:
1. Present your ID at the Moon Library circulation desk and ask to borrow a bike. Your ID MUST have a bike sticker on it.
2. The loan for the bike is for 24 hours.
3. Patrons should report any damage to the bike, or missing helmet BEFORE leaving the library with it. Damaged or missing helmets not reported will be assumed to have happened while the patron is in possession of the bike.
4. The loan period cannot be extended. The bike must be checked in and then another checked out.
5. Bikes cannot be renewed at this time.
6. When the bike is returned: Lock the helmet through the straps to the bike and rack with the U-lock. Bring the keys IN THE BAG to the Moon Library circulation desk and tell the library worker you are returning the bike.
7. Report any damage that happened while you had the bike in your possession The list of fees and late charges is below. Fines are payable at the library, or if by credit card, at the cashier’s office. If paid at the cashier’s office, a receipt must be brought to the library verifying payment so that fines can be marked paid and any blocks removed.
Fines and Fees:
Overdue Fee: (Late return) $15
After 10 Days of not returning the bike, the fee is $500. A block will be placed on the user’s bursar account. Missing or lost helmet: $15
Missing or lost U lock: $15 Missing or lost key is $15 per key ($30 if both keys are lost)